National Talking Points
Messaging: Election Integrity
- Election integrity is a high priority for the RNC, as many of our voters feel disenfranchised.
- Our very democratic process relies on free, fair, and transparent elections that voters across the political spectrum can trust.
- Democrats are using every tool at their disposal to attack the sanctity of our elections, from media misinformation campaigns to federal power grabs.
- As a result, the RNC is leading the charge to expand access to voting, while making it more difficult to cheat. Here is what the RNC is doing:
- The RNC announced the formation of the new Committee on Election Integrity dedicated to restoring election transparency and ensuring voters have confidence in future election processes.
- The committee represents a renewed focus on continuing this important work and fighting Democrats’ unprecedented attempts to change election laws.
- This committee will work closely with state parties and other stakeholders in our elections across the country on voting policies and best practices, such as ensuring poll watchers are allowed to properly observe counting processes, meaningful voter ID laws are codified, and all Americans have faith in our elections process.
- RNC Counsel is executing strategic efforts to fight back against Democrats’ power grabs.
- This past cycle, the RNC ran its most comprehensive legal strategy to date, spending more than $30 million on election protection efforts in battleground states across the country.
- This cycle, RNC Counsel has entered in lawsuits filed by Democrats and have now intervened to defend all thirteen – 8 in Georgia, 4 in Florida, and 1 in Iowa – legal challenges.
- RNC Counsel and RNC Political track Election Integrity bills as they move through the legislative processes.
- RNC Political is building the largest Election Integrity Operation in history, which will have staffers dedicated to election integrity across the country.
- As part of the Election Integrity Operation, RNC Political will recruit, train, and activate volunteers to be at polling locations throughout the voting process (from Early Voting through Election Day).
- RNC Communications is focused on fighting Democrat lies, driving the narrative, earning fact checks and story corrections, which has resulted in significant earned media success.
- By a 33 point margin, American voters believe that voting in their area is “easy” and want the main objective of any reforms to focus on making sure elections are “fair and free of voter fraud.”
- 68 percent of voters believe that state legislatures should decide the voting rules and regulations for their state, not the federal government.
- Another poll showed that 75 percent of voters, including 69 percent of Black voters, support voter ID laws, a finding that is consistent with polls for years.
- In Georgia, where Democrats spread lies about the election law, A recent poll found that 65% of Georgians surveyed support requiring a driver’s license number to verify absentee ballots.
- Polling conducted by Kellyanne Conway’s firm included key findings about Americans sentiment on election integrity.
- More than 80% of all voters say verifying voter ID is an important security measure; nearly all have driver’s licenses or another form of ID and think it is easy to acquire ID.
- 87% of voters said they were against ballot harvesting and 71% of voters believe ballots should not be accepted after election day
- 88% of all voters say states should not mail ballots to people who are not registered to vote and non-citizens.
- 77% of all voters reject Democrats’ claim that “racism” is behind voting integrity laws, and believe one party uses it for political purposes, not for electoral progress
- 78% of all voters said they totally supported a proposed voting plan with these five principles: 1. Presenting Voter ID, 2. Signature Verification, 3. Chain of Custody Controls, 4. Bipartisan Election Observers, 5. Cleaning up the Voter Rolls.
Messaging: Critical Race Theory
- Critical Race Theory (CRT) is a dangerous, divisive, and un-American ideology that threatens to overtake the history and civics curriculums in public schools.
- This week the NEA, the nation’s largest teacher’s union, publicly admitted they are beginning a nationwide campaign to push K-12 CRT curriculum in thousands of school districts they represent.
- The NEA approved funding to attack those who oppose their radical CRT takeover.
- After receiving backlash, the NEA attempted a coverup and deleted these announcements from their website.
- AFT union boss Randi Weingarten – who campaigned for Joe Biden – encouraged members to break the law to teach CRT.
- After keeping kids out of school for months, it’s obvious Weingarten doesn’t have students best interests at heart.
- The far-left wing of the Democrat Party is forcing CRT for purely political purposes.
- Polling shows a majority of Americans reject CRT teachings.
- Parents and students have stepped up at local school board meetings across the country to express their opposition to this damaging curriculum.
- This increase of political radicalism in public schools is yet another reminder of why we must empower parents and students with choice and opportunity to seek the best education, regardless of zip code.
- What We Are Reading:
- RNC Research: Americans Reject Critical Race Theory
- New York Post: NEA’s enforcing of critical race theory in schools does kids a grave injustice
- Reason: Is Critical Race Theory Taught in K-12 Schools? The NEA Says Yes, and That It Should Be
- The Carolinian: Identity Crisis
Messaging: Biden-Harris Border Crisis Worsens
- While Democrats fail to protect the American people, border state Republican governors are stepping up to protect their constituents.
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris refuse to stop the border crisis they created – and it’s worse than ever.
- Harris has been border czar for more than 100 days and there has been little to no progress on securing our border and keeping our country safe.
- For months, Harris treated the crisis at the border like it is a joke:
- Insisted visiting the border would only be a “grand gesture.”
- Rolled her eyes when asked about the border.
- Equated going to the border with “play[ing] political games.”
- Laughed when asked if she would visit the border, saying “not today.”
- Compared going to the border to going to Europe.
- Ignored questions about why she wouldn’t visit the border.
- Because of the Biden-Harris border crisis and open border policies our communities are less safe.
- Residents of border towns are scared to leave their homes due to surging border crime.
- Numbers show the border crisis has only gotten worse.
- In May, 180,034 illegal immigrants were apprehended trying to cross the border – the highest one-month total in 21 years.
- The number of unaccompanied migrant children encountered at the border per day is increasing.
- CBP agents recently encountered 530 unaccompanied migrant children in one day, up from the average 300 daily encounters.
- CBP Agents are arresting nearly 6,000 illegal immigrants a day – that’s the highest number in two decades.
- Border apprehensions have increased every single month that Biden has been president.
- 711,784 migrants have been caught attempting to illegally cross the border in Biden’s first five months in office.
- 88,998 migrants who illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border have been released into the United States since Biden took office
- Just 18 people who were let go during President Trump’s final full month in office.
- Human traffickers and drug smugglers are taking advantage of the Biden-Harris open border policies.
- More deadly fentanyl has been seized so far in 2021 than throughout all of 2020.
- Intelligence officials have warned individuals with ties to terrorist groups are taking advantage of the “porous border.”
MNGOP Talking Points
- Commissioner Bishop resigns from post ahead of a confirmation vote in the Republican held Senate.
- Rep. Fischbach visits the Northwest Angle to advocate for opening of U.S. – Canada border.
- Minnesota GOP hosts their Summer Retreat at Madden’s on Gull Lake where activists from across Minnesota gathered for trainings and commentary from elected officials.
- Rep. Hagedorn hosts in person town hall in La Crescent, Minnesota discussing taxes regulations and all issues affecting Minnesotans.
- DFL House Member John Thompson who has claimed to live in St. Paul presents a Wisconsin driver’s license when pulled over.
- MN GOP to host Summer Retreat at Madden’s on Gull Lake July 9-10.
- Rep. Hagedorn advocates for expanding opportunity zones to help promote economic development in Minnesota.
- Rep. Emmer advocates for American Crypto innovation in the House Financial Services Committee.
- Majority Leader Paul Gazelka speaks to the MN GOP Summer Retreat giving an update on the Republican victories during the Special Session.
|" Don’t miss this week’s #RealAmerica Podcast with @GOPChairwoman & @KellyannePolls! You’ll want to hear both of their insights into election integrity! Tune in here ⬇️
"While Democrats fail to protect the American people, border state Republican governors are stepping up to protect their constituents from the #BidenBorderCrisis."
"Joe Biden is weaponizing the Department of Justice to attack common sense election integrity laws. For Democrats, this is about power & they have said so themselves. "
"Unemployment rose, yet again, and hit a new level at 5.9%. Another month, another disappointing jobs report under Joe Biden."
|Real America Episode 3: Kellyanne Conway
|Prepared and paid for by the Republican Party of Minnesota
Jennifer Carnahan, Chair
Not Authorized by any Candidate or Candidate’s Committee
Republican Party of Minnesota
7400 Metro Boulevard
Edina, MN 55439